Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dreams will come true...

God has blessed me with a beautiful daughter.  My pregnancy was very difficult.  I was on bedrest for the whole nine months with sciatica (which is a nerve that is in your back that runs down the back of your leg - very very painful) I started off with a limp, then a cane, then a walker, then a wheelchair towards the end of the pregnancy.  I am sharing all of this to say that all of the pain that I have had since I gave birth has been nothing but great joy ever since.  Perri has been a blessing to me.  She makes me laugh.  She's a great kid.  She does well in school.  She is currently an honors student consecutively each quarter beginning as a sophomore in September at University High School of Science and Engineering on UHART's campus studying for a future in medicine.  Who would've thunk?  I took her on a tour of Hampton University this year because she has her mind made up that she will be attending there after graduation and had never set foot on the campus.  As soon as we arrived she said "Mom, you can drop me off now".  So my prayer is that she will be attending Hampton Univ in the Fall of 2013 because her little heart is set on that school to matriculate in a dual program in medicine.  Hallelujah!!!  My baby will be college bound sooner than we think.  I better keep saving my pennies, nickels, and dimes Whew!  I thank God for her everyday and I will make sure that her dreams will come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment