Thursday, January 27, 2011

Be Encouraged!

Oprah said, "Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo but what you need is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down."  This statement continues to resonate in my spirit and I think it is because I am very sensitive to having that person that we will be there for each other no matter what.  This is a girlfriend (or more than one) who is a ride or die partner that no matter who you are or what happens to you, where you live, what you look like, etc will always be the one to come through for you in difficult times.  We all need each other.   I have been hurt by numerous people (family or friend) that sometimes it does not seem like this statement is possible for me....although I know it to be true.  I am so very sensitive to the needs of others that when they do not reciprocate it can be a very painful process to work through.  However, I will never allow these incidents to change who I am as a person.  I will continue to love, be positive, be encouraged and strive for excellence throughout all of life's ups and downs.  We all have a specific purpose in life and it is important that we fulill God's Will to the best of our ability.  So even if it means that we lose friends along the way....it only prepares us to receive BETTER friends in the process.  So for those of you who do not have a friend like this yet,  you will soon.  The right people will enter your life and you have to be ready to receive them when they come.  Continue to be positive and allow God's light to shine forth in the midst of darkness.  There will be dark times but we don't have to stay there.  Continue to give, to love, and show respect to others even when it is difficult.  God will bless us for being a blessing to someone else.  I thank God everyday for the ones who God has blessed me with who will ride, walk, run, or swim with me no matter the circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment